I’ve been traveling a lot between my college campus and home since graduation last month. When I travel, one of the first things I pack is my makeup bag. (I should be ashamed of this, but I’m really not.)
These are some products that I typically keep around that I know are easy to use and staples within my makeup collection. The only things that I did not include in this were items for my complexion, like my foundations or concealers. The reason for this is because I tend to switch those up a lot. So, let’s get into it, shall we?
As much as I hate to say this, I have no idea where this bag is from. I actually received it as a gift from a friend of mine.
- The Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion is something that I believe everyone needs in their makeup bags. It helps to keep your eyeshadow on all day, also preventing creasing. It’s that one staple item that I stand by.
– $12 on UrbanDecay.com
- The first thing I have to talk about is the Morphe Brushes 35O palette. If you’re into warm eye looks, this palette will be your best friend. It’s a staple for anyone that is interested in orange-tones on their eyes. Super pigmented and easy to blend, the 35O palette is definitely a must-have.
– $22.95 on MorpheBrushes.com
- The next eyeshadow palette I love to throw in my beauty bag is my Tarte Tartelette in Bloom palette. I know that this isn’t pertinent information, but this smells like chocolate, making me want to eat it every time I open it up. The colors are super pigmented and it’s a nice neutral palette for everyday wear.
– $45 on Tarte.com
- Since we’re talking about Tarte, we may as well go into the Tarte Skin Twinkle Lighting palette. I’ve actually talked about this product in a previous blog post. I generally only use “Sunlight” from this palette, but the texture of these shades are so beautiful. They’re easy to blend and it’s compact enough to just throw into your bag.
– $42 on Tarte.com
- The next highlighter that I like to throw into this bag is my NYX Cosmetics Illuminator in “Narcissistic.“ When you first look at this shade, it’s easy to cast it aside because it looks pink, but it gives a beautiful peachy-gold highlight that you will fall in love with. This works especially well with deeper complexions.
– $9 on NYXCosmetics.com
- The last highlighter that I have in my bag is the travel sized Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in “Bronze.“ This is one of my more toned down highlighters. On days that you want to have more of a golden glow from within, this is perfect.
– $25 on Sephora.com
- Let’s move over to brows with the ColourPop Brow Pencil in “Banging Brunette.” I bought this on a whim, but I was happily surprised to find that I really like this. It’s comparable to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. I would say that this is much creamier, which you’ll either love or hate.
– $5 on ColourPop.com
- I’m a big fan of the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in “Dark Brown.” After I use the the ColourPop Brow Pencil to fill in some sparse areas then use this to really define my hairs, making it look more natural.
– $7.99 on Ulta.com
- 2016 was all about baking and I can say that I definitely jumped on the bandwagon with the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. This is perfect for my under eyes. However, I found that it’s a little too drying for the rest of my skin in this winter weather. (Has anyone else experienced this?)
– $23 on LauraMercier.com
- I’m not much of a lash girl, (because I struggle putting them on) but the Ardell Lashes Deluxe Pack in 120 Demi Black have been amazing. The pack includes tweezers that make it a bit easier for me to apply lashes. It also comes with a travel size Duo lash glue for any lash mishaps on the go. (I know I’m not the only one!)
– $5.99 on Ulta.com
- I haven’t played around too much with the VERT Beauty Eyeliner Pencil in “Vert.” I normally don’t wear colorful eyeliners, but I thought that if I leave it in my makeup bag, I’d be more inclined to wear it. You can learn more about VERT Beauty through a previous blog post.
– $17 on VERTBeauty.com
- I received the Rimmel London Kohl Kajal Eye Liner in “Black” in a Survival Kit from Her Campus. I was a die-hard believer in the Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black, but this changed the game for me. It stayed put in my waterline during New Years Eve and if that doesn’t give you a good idea of how it wears, I don’t know what will.
– $3.99 on Target.com
- Another staple item is the Kat Von D Ink Liner in “Trooper.” Everyone talks about this liner so I’m not going to go too in-depth with this. It dries down to a matte finish and I don’t experience any running with it. It’s something that I would definitely recommend to anyone.
– $20 on Sephora.com
- This may seem insane, but I love to layer my mascaras, and one recent discovery has been the Covergirl So Lashy! blastPRO Mascara. I received it in my Twinkle VoxBox from Influenster. This is another product that you will either love or hate. I find myself fairly attracted to it because of the very unique applicator. It’s helpful when trying to reach my lashes on the outer corners.
– $11.99 on Ulta.com
- The mascara that I love to use on top of the So Lashy! mascara is the Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Mascara. This mascara helps to really separate my lashes and give me the volume that I’m really looking for that I can’t seem to get with just one mascara. Honestly, this is probably my favorite product in my bag.
– $6.99 on Ulta.com
I’d love to know what are some of your makeup bag must-haves. Let me know! Also, I’d love to give a big thanks to Christina from Tiramisu for Breakfast for helping me with all of these pictures!